9.20.2008

Superchick

Thursday night Chesley and her BFF Abigail went to the Superchick concert at a church in Amarillo. She said they seriously rocked the house. She came home with a CD and a t-shirt and was pumped about the message they offer through their music. It is truly a rocking sound that probably isn't for older "chics"....but, I actually love it and we listen to it LOUD in the car. My kids don't realize how lucky they are that their Mom digs their tunes. LOL!
Chesley and I love the Lyrics to Hey Hey here is a little snippit.

So hey hey, this song is for us / So put your hands in the air if you’re crazy like us / Hey hey / Hey hey, that’s freedom you hear / Comin’ right to your ear, that’s the sound from our bus / Hey hey Why try to be like someone else / When you can only be yourself? / No one can sing the song you do / Be true, be legendary you / So I won’t sell out, even if the whole world thinks I’m crazy Why kiss the feet of the people who kick you / When you can be anything that you want to?
The great thing about it is that you could play it for friends that don't "love" christian music and they probably couldn't tell at first.

5 comments:

Faith said...

I taught a girls class last year and at the end of each class we played a christian "speak to your soul" kind of song, and I think we played a couple of their songs.
They have some good songs.

JBailey said...

That's awesome! I love Christian music.. I usually listen to CD's, but I think Superchick plays on the Christian radio station a lot. I'll have to check them out!!

Faith said...

Jerilyn,
When someone post a comment on my blog and I want to reply, do I reply on my blog under where they replied? Will they read it? I'm like blog crazy, Jerilyn, I've got a new addiction! If only it would replace my food addiction!!Ha,ha!

Jerilynn said...

I usually just reply under what they wrote. If you think they might not see it - then go to their blog and tell them that you posted a reply and to come back over and check it out.
I suffer from Blog addiction too! (sadly food addiction also. Let me know if you find a cure for that one. Ha!)

Anonymous said...

Love love love it! I like all kinds of music and your right...our kids don't know how lucky they are to have us!