9.09.2008

Recipe Tuesday: Home-Ec Chocolate Chip Cookies


This recipe is very dear to me. Every time I make them I am reminded of the 5 years I spent teaching at Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, NM. I loved everything about teaching there. The sad thing is that even if I could go back....not much is the same. Most of the teachers have changed schools, retired, or moved. The great thing that I noticed on the website is that my sweet friend Susie is now the vice-principal. WOW! I am so impressed. So, I am dedicating a big plate of these cookies to my old friend Susan Martin. (who also got this recipe from the Home-EC teacher and I bet she still makes them too) *cheers*

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup + 1 T. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp soda
1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Blend Crisco and sugars; add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add combined dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until done (alter for preference).

I love this recipe because it only makes 2 pans of cookies. just right for a family snack and a few left over. I also love the texture of the cookie - very brown sugary and rich...not cakey at all.

1 comment:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Hello hello Miss Jerilyn!!! Brandi gave me your blog address and you are saved as one of my Favorites! I just started a blog yesterday, but I'm thinking it will never be as cute as yours. The kids are getting so old! Slade loves Kinder and we still miss Cutter every time we go to Brandi's. My blog is same address as yours, just cheyannesmart instead of your name. Let me know if you find it. I also have a myspace that has cute pics of the kids. I really don't know that address. You can search under Chey-Anne Smart. I'm the only one by that name. Now I want to go make those cookies-you bad girl!