1.31.2009

Super Bowl Sandwiches


We had these sandwiches at my sister's baby shower and they were lip smackin' delish. Honestly, people were going back for seconds...at a baby shower! I hope mine turn out as good - who knew the danged King's Hawaiian people had to start making a variety of their rolls. I picked up the savory butter instead of the "original" sweet. I tasted the bread and it still had a sweet flavor to me...but next time I'll be more careful.

Jan's Shower Sandwiches
1 package King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
shaved turkey (from the deli)
shredded Swiss cheese
1 stick melted butter
1 T. worcestershire sauce
1 T. honey mustard

Place rolls in a 9x13 dish and cut the tops off - place turkey and shredded cheese on bottoms of rolls and replace the tops. Melt butter and blend in worcestershire sauce and honey mustard. Pour over the tops of the sandwiches. Cover and let sit overnight. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes with the tin foil unsealed around the edges. serve warm. (They were not warm by the time I got to eat them and they were still really yummy).

4 comments:

jana said...

another big hit from our family jer. These were delish. I will have to make these. loved them.

Jill said...

I can honestly say that these are some of the best little sandwiches ever!!! Gonna get the stuff to make them soon!

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Jerilyn-would these not be good at a brunch shower, say 10-12? Is that too early?

Jerilynn said...

no - not to early at all! we had them at 2:00. Also, I think you would be fine preparing these right before the shower at your own house and then taking them to the shower. I thought they were better after they had come back to room temp. - I was expecting them to be even better warm...and that was not the case for me.