1.18.2009

Favorite Things: Special Edition


I just have to post about a small something that I got for Christmas from my parents. I saw it at Sam's...I mentioned it to my Mom...I opened it at Christmas.... I adore it. Please note that I did not drop the hint bomb on purpose to my Mom. I mentioned it to her and she immediately said "don't buy it" LOL! I just don't want anyone to think that I am sneaky about my Christmas "wants and needs"! I have used this several times already. I am pretty sure that my roast tasted EXTRA good just because it was cooked in this pot. I know my Elk Chili was made better just for the fact that it simmered in this beauty. Yes, I said Elk Chili....I'll save that post for another day.

I got a few other favorite things for Christmas this year....I'll spread those posts out so I don't overwhelm anyone Ü

3 comments:

Cary Hairbows said...

I know I couldn't live without my beloved Dutch oven. I LOVE it! Mine even has a little recessed area below the handle to put ice cubes on--as the ice cubes melt, supposedly the condensation inside the lid drips onto the meat making it even more moist (or so it should). I make roasts, soups, stews, and some kind of yummy traditional French chicken dish--can't remember the name of it right now). Enjoy your new best friend!

Shannon

P.S. Yes, I have been following sweet Harper's story. Pray hard for her.

Denise said...

I've been wanting a new Dutch oven for awhile. I saw one like yours at Wal Mart and think it will be my next purchase!

I just found your blog (2peas) and have enjoyed reading it.

JBailey said...

I want one too!!! I love that color.. my kitchen is all decked out in red and white! Love it!