1.30.2009

100 Days Celebration!

Cutter and Mrs. Meador


Today is a big day at Cutter's school and a big day for most kindergartners. They have been counting all year towards the 100th day of school. They had to bring a project to school that showcased 100 of anything of their choosing. It has been a tradition for us to make the kids a t-shirt with 100 polka dots on it. The teachers always get a big kick out of it. Chesley's teacher even gave her a special award and sent her to have her picture made by the principal. I am posting a picture of Chesley's t-shirt because it was posted on a scrapbook site (I don't have a picture of Cambry's handy) and then a picture of Cutter with Mrs. Meador - the best kindergarten teacher EVER! Cutter has learned so much this year. She is exactly what a kindergarten teacher should be - sweet, kind, loving, firm, creative and did I mention sweet! Cutter took her a diet coke and a donut as a special thank you this morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100 days! I love the shirt!!! Cutter is so sweet to bring a Diet Coke and a donut (one of my breakfast staples but with Diet Pepsi). An A+ for you, young man!!! Way to go!

Our 100 days is coming up in February. My girls love the day...the school serves giant cupcakes to all 900 students pre-K through 8th.

Have a great weekend,

Shannon

Anonymous said...

P.S. he is getting so big--so handsome, too! What a sweet young man, Jerilynn!!

Jerilynn said...

thanks Shannon Ü

Anonymous said...

My goodness Cutter you have been in school 100 days!!! I wish I had 100 hundred of your hugs and kisses right now!!! You did a great job on your shirt you are the best grandson ever!!! Papaw said he bet you had 100 things in your tackle box hmmmm !!!! Love Nana

Dawn said...

What a fun idea! DD"s last school did 100 days but I'm not sure about her current one. LOL - I'm not even sure if they've hit 100 days yet!

I'll have to remember the t-shirt idea for the next 100 day celebration though.

Metropolitan Housewife said...

Awww, the 100 days event is one of the things I really miss about teaching the primary grades. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all- those tshirts are PRECIOUS!