11.18.2008

Out with the Old...

Old Room

Is there anything like spur of the moment redecorating! Chance and I have been anticipating a birthday bedroom makeover for Cambry and decided at the last minute to just go ahead and DO IT! Aunt Jill was moving the furniture out of the "soon to be" nursery and we were going to have to find a place to store it until January. I just have a hard time "storing" mattresses. I can't seem to erase the image of a little mouse family - homeless and cold - taking up residence in our perfect condition pillow top mattress.
We picked up the furniture at 11:00, ran to Weinerschnitzel for some needed fuel, ran to Lowes to match paint, and back home to start the project. We finished with minutes to spare and were sitting at On The Border at 6:00 to meet my family for supper (thanks again Dad!)
We couldn't wait to surprise Cambry - who was expecting the furniture - but nothing else. She loved it and is so excited to finally have a room that matches her FUNKY personality!

**** Everyone that knows me, will not be surprised to hear that I have had the bedding (clearance from Penneys) hidden in the attic for 6 months. Ü
**** the antique furniture is just Cambry's size and is so adorable. It is on long term loan (thanks Nana!)
**** the lamp is recycled from her old bedroom and I added the flowers.
**** the color on the walls is Lilac Ice
**** I recycled all of the shelves and just repainted them Metallic Canyon

New Room





9 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, great job, Jer! Next time we are due for a change I am enlisting your help! Your awesome!

jana said...

OOOHHHH LLLLLAAAAALLLLLAAAAA! LOVE IT SOO MUCH. I'M IN THE MOOD FOR SOME PAINTING. ASHLEY'S ROOM IS COMING UP TOO. CAN'T WAIT. LOVE THE ROOM IT IS AWESOME.

Faith said...

So cute!! I love the bedding!

Stacy White said...

Great job. And the similarities keep coming. I had her before quilt on my bed for a while.

JBailey said...

it looks great.. I love her name and the paint on the shelves! excellente!!

Cary Hairbows said...

Absolutely LOVING it! Cool!

Shannon

Jana said...

What a beautiful big girl room! It's just perfect. I don't know how you kept this secret that long and up in the attic!

Wingnut said...

Can you come to MD and help me do this to my kid rooms? LOL! Both are in desperate need of makeovers! Great job!

dg said...

This is gorgeous!!! I especially love her name on the shelf.