56 yearsToday there is reason to celebrate - two very important people in my life and the in the lives of those I love are celebrating 56 years of marriage. They have shared with us a love story that has endured many beautiful moments as well as times of incredible heartache. We take from them the knowledge that true love endures all things.
One afternoon I was visiting them at their house and they were recalling a few stories while sitting on the porch. Nanny was retelling something funny and Papa got so tickled at the memory that he was just about in tears. They looked at each other and smiled - smiles that seemed to whisper to the other... "we share the best memories." What more could you ask for!

18 comments:
Congratulations on your anniversary! Not only do you share the best memories, but I have no doubt that you are always making new ones together.
Enjoy your day and each other!
Congratulations on 56 years! What an amazing life accomplishment and inspiration to your children and grandchildren. May you have many more happy years together.
Congratulations on 56 years of marriage! Wishing you many more!
Happy Anniversary!! What an amazing couple you are. You are an inspiration for sure. Here's to many more years together.
Wow! What a wonderful accomplisment -- wishing you a most Happy Anniversary and many more years of making beautiful memories!! Congratulations!
Congratulations on your many years together. You are wonderful inspiration to the younger generation.
Happy Anniversary! What a cute and inspirational couple you are!
Happy anniversary!
I hope my husband and I are lucky enough to share this kind of celebration down the road!
WAIT.. they don't even look OLD ENOUGH to celebrate these many years... *Ü*....
CONGRATS!!!! You are so adorable!!!
Congratulations on your 56th wedding anniversary. May you have many many more :)
Ya'll are so awesome. You are the best great grandparents ever. I am lucky to have both of you!
Chesley
What an Awesome Accomplishment...56 years. Congratulations!! Hope you have many more happy years to make memories!!
Wonderful! Certainly heroes to me!
Marriage is tough, its not for wimps. Smile.
Nanny and Papa,
Congratulations on 56 years of marriage. You truly are an inspiration and a wonderful blessing in our lives! We love you both so much and wish you many more wonderful memories!
Love,
Kameron, Jill and Baby Walker
Congrats on 56 years!!! Wow! We love you and wish you many more years!!!!
i love you aunt jerry and uncle check!!!!
congratulations!!!
Happy Anniversary, Uncle Check and Aunt Jerry! I wish I had more time with you, so I could here all your stories! We love you lots and hope you have many more!
Love,
David, Lacy, Olivia and Caroline
Post a Comment