10.07.2008

Recipe Tuesday: Crockpot Swiss Steak



Easy on the budget!

Ingredients:
round steak (I use 2 packages of thick sliced)
can of french onion soup (I actually prefer the cheaper Campbell's soup - not pictured)
can of tomato soup
Directions:
1. Cut your round steak into pretty large chunks and place in crock pot
2. whisk together the two cans of soup
3. pour over steak and stir to coat meat
4. cook in crock pot on medium or high for 5 hours or until done - this cooks pretty fast so if you need to be gone all day - I would cook on low.
5. serve over rice or noodles
6. you could also add some carrots to this if you want to add a veggie.
7. It is pretty rich - so I would not salt until serving and base amount on taste.

3 comments:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

I thought that round steak was the steak you do chicken fried steak with. Yours looks smooth. What kind am I thinking about. This looks good-I think I'll try it.

Jerilynn said...

your thinking of cubed steak or round steak that has been tenderized. Ü

Faith said...

That does look good. I need to stop making everything from scratch, it takes to deadgum long!! I need to start doing quick fix dinners again! Thanks for reminding me.