Lately, the Hedger house has been all about the hair. Really…when is it not! Sadly, even our dog has to get haircuts (the small price we pay for requiring that our pets not have shedding hair). I barely remember what it was like when it wasn’t a huge pain trying to get everyone’s hair groomed. It can be a scheduling nightmare at best. I dread messing with it so we are often a little on the shaggy side around here. Recently we agreed (Chance says that he never agreed and somehow we misinterpreted some sort of head nod) to let Chesley color her hair. It was to be a subtle change from light brown to darker brown with some reddish/plum highlights. You know where this story is going – don’t you!!! Granted it was not at all what we expected (although we suspect that someone got EXACTLY what they wanted) and it really took some getting used to (little longer for ________ – insert Dad’s name here). But, it has really grown on us and we can say now that we like her hair a little darker than the normal shade – it is already fading some too! The main thing is that she was happy with it and in the end that is all that matters. I will be rethinking any future dye jobs though….it was a learning experience for sure.
Now, not long after the “hair coloring debacle of 2010” occurred – Cutter decided to give his hair a little trim in front. Pretty sure he regretted it the minute he did it and sadly he had a hard time “fessing up” to the act. Try convincing a 7 year old that there is no use lying about the crime - the chunk of hair missing from his head was an exact match to the chunk of hair scattered on the bathroom floor…PITIFUL! We managed the best we could and really rocked the Donald Trump comb-over. Finally, he got his hair cut today…..really cut….if he were a lamb we would use the word shorn! He loves it – Dad loves it – so it’s all good!

4 comments:
OMGosh-her hair is precious!!! It looks so sassy on her and I love it. Cutter's is cute too. That's how we do slade's on the side but longer on top-we spike it with gel. Miss ya'll, sigh........
You are so beautiful in any color! MUWAHHHHH!
Ok...so I guess it's been WAY too long since I have read your blog...sorry. So here goes: Way to go cutter (hunting for turkey AND baseball). You are an awesome kid!
Jerilynn...hysterical random post on the forgotten blog pics. Too funny! And finally - I think the hair situations turned out pretty well!
Love the "tea"riffic teacher gift...you realize I will require your help with creativity in the near future LOL!!! Love you much!
Lol, I think everyone has been through that experience! Emily wants to get her hair highlighted, I agreed as long as she pays for it. She has decided to wait until school starts so she can show it off and also have time to make the money to pay for it!!
Post a Comment