1.17.2010

Cambry’s Farkle Party

I can’t believe that I have a 12 year old in the house this morning. It just doesn’t seem possible. Why does it seem like the years are suddenly just flying by…I feel like I just want everything to slow down  - I can’t seem to really enjoy the days when everything is so rushed.
Cambry’s actual birthday was a little rushed and a little relaxed. It was lots of fun and a great way to end the whole “birthday party with lots of friends” stage of her life. The next few birthdays will be spent celebrating with a friend or two and eating out with the family. It reaches a point where everyone is so busy that it becomes hard to coordinate a time and date that works for everyone. Cambry’s favorite game to play is Farkle. It is a fun dice game that that involves rolling 1’s and 5’s and a few other big point combinations. The party attendees caught on quickly and had a blast playing two rounds before we moved on to the cake and gifts. We had a big snack table set up and the first item to disappear was of course…the ChikFila nuggets followed by the gummy bears and strawberries with fruit dip. Cambry got lots of neat things including two new charms for her James Avery bracelet, new clothes, lots of bling bling and the new Just Dance Wii game – that is hilarious to play and tons of exercise. I was winded after dancing for about 30 seconds. LOL
Cambry gave each of her party guests their very own Farkle game as a party favor. We found small canisters at Dollar Tree and filled them with M&M’s , Bubble Gum, Tootsie Rolls, a laminated rule sheet with the Farkle points on them, a set of dice and a pencil and score sheet for keeping track of those Farkle points. Cambry has already heard from two friends that told her they went home and taught their families how to play! I am so glad to hear that because I know that Chance and I don’t play enough games with our kids and it is one of our goals to be better about it this year. It was an old fashioned style party that ended up being a real success…now I am tired and need a very long nap!
SDC10199 putting together the party favors
SDC10203 SDC10204SDC10205 SDC10202   SDC10217  SDC10218
SDC10221 SDC10233
SDC10236 SDC10238
      opening gifts with her friends                         dancing with the Wii game - Just Dance
SDC10234
Cambry’s one request was to have a Cookies and Cream cake from Marble Slab Creamery. She had a birthday cake flavored ice cream base mixed with oreo cookies and a chocolate cake base. It was delicious  and weighed almost 10 pounds! We have over half of it left (until later today LOL). It was really good and all of the kids ate it and commented on how good it was. The writing on the cake left lots to be desired. I don’t think custom writing is their specialty and next time I will just let them do their usual decorating and leave off any writing. It was really good and we will be getting these for future birthdays.

4 comments:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Ditto, ditto, and ditto! I want time to freeze and keep them from growing any older! I'm so sad, but happy they are healthy and thriving. I now know how my mom felt. Happy Birthday, Miss Cambry!!!

JBailey said...

Looks like a fun party!! How are you so crafty? I love it! We played Just Dance at Aunt Cindy's over Christmas and laughed over and over. I have a video posted on vimeo of Uncle Ronnie, Andrew, and Charles dancing to "Ring my Bell" haha... here is the link: http://www.vimeo.com/8467657

Happy Birthday, Cambry!!!

jana said...

very cute party...looks like they had a great time. yummy cake!!

Jill said...

Super fun party Cambry! We had a blast!