Here is a phrase that you can’t utter in front of me “I have never made a pie”…I just can’t live with it. In some strange and weird way I consider it my civic duty to make sure that everyone has created one of these homemade confections at least once. I do it in honor of my sweet Nanny Campbell who passed on these yummy recipes and instilled in all of us a love for “from scratch” baked goods.
Cambry’s BFF, Morgan, was our most recent attendee of a Hedger Pie Making Clinic. We relish any excuse to make pie. She decided to make a coconut cream pie and she did a wonderful job. I have to say…I think she is a natural in the kitchen. We laughed when her first egg slid into the sink…we licked bowls…we cleaned a bazillion dishes…we stirred and stirred some more…we had a BLAST! Getting to eat a heavenly slice of pie afterwards is just the icing on the cake…meringue on the pie!

2 comments:
Looks like a great way to spend a day with the Hedger's. Way to go girls...great job! My favorite pie is Buttermilk Chess, Lou Lou's Recipe.
This is so awesome. You are so "that" mom. :) Love it!
Post a Comment