8.06.2009

Coffee Cake

Just sharing a recipe that I have had for years. The yummy smell of cinnamon spice that wafts through the house while it is baking always reminds me of the very special friend that gave it to me. I hate what time and distance sometimes does to a friendship. The promises to always call and keep up stay strong for years, but eventually turn into rushed and hurried answering machine messages and then eventually just a signed Christmas card. The end result leaves you with a handful of special memories and if your lucky....some recipes too!

This coffee cake is so moist and yummy and just gets better the longer you have it. It freezes wonderfully too!


5 comments:

jana said...

gosh that tooks good. I have the recipe that you gave me a long time ago, I'm going to make it!!!

Chey-Anne Smart said...

I want a piece right now-bring it to my house! Immediately! What's a two hour drive?!?

jana said...

I made it yeaterday....it is yummy. Had to give half to kelley or I would eat the whole thing.

jana said...

I made it yeaterday....it is yummy. Had to give half to kelley or I would eat the whole thing.

Jill said...

We are enjoying our coffee cake so much up here in the mountains. It's perfect in the morning with coffee sitting out on the deck overlooking the pines! Thanks again! Love you!