6.21.2009

A Day to Celebrate

Father's Day is a day to reflect on how much we are blessed.

A reminder to be grateful that God has placed strong, thoughtful, kind, and hard working men in our lives to lead our families, to parent our children, to provide support and comfort.

I am thankful that I was given a Dad that is soft spoken, slow to anger, thoughtful, very easy going, and a jack of all trades. Growing up - I thought he could fix and build anything...I still do. He once built me from scratch a huge ant farm for a science project. It was spectacular. My biology teacher said she had never seen anything like it. I of course got a 100 and spent the entire day presenting my project to other classes. He ALWAYS goes above and beyond. He is the person that calls the hospital during a blizzard to transport nurses to and from the hospital because he has a 4-wheel drive.

I often hear a person describe their dad as stern and lacking in affection. I am so glad I grew up with hugs and kisses on a daily basis. I never spent one day guessing if I was loved.

Happy Father's Day


3 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

What a wonderful Dad you have. Love the last two pictures.

Cece

Jill said...

We do have an awesome Dad! Beautiful tribute Jerilynn!

Anonymous said...

Happy day (belated) to all the happy Dads and Grampas. Love you all!