8.08.2008

The TOAD Collectors



There are not that many things in this world that I truly despise - there are many things that I don't like, can't stand, don't care for etc. I reserve the word DESPISE for a handful of despicable things and TOADS/FROGS appear very high on that list.
I hate:
- the way they seem to stare at you from underneath the patio furniture
- the sneaky jumps that are perfectly timed to give me maximum heart issues
- the prehistoric gray shade of death that is their skin
I just hate them. Please spare me the details of the ways in which they help our planet. Save it for someone who cares. I will never love them or care about them. My brother put one down my back the night before I got married and he officially made all three of my children living miracles. I am lucky to be here...he is lucky to be here. They are lucky to be here.
So, you can imagine my horror when my kids showed me what they had been doing all morning with the neighborhood kids. LORD help me.....a bucket of the devil's spawn. You will all be glad to know that they were successfully relocated a few streets over. Pray that they don't find their way home!

4 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Aw, they're CUTE!!!! (says the woman with the frog tattooed on her back...)

helmet hair 365 said...

I love frogs and toads, but that many together in a bucket gives me the willies!

Linda said...

So how do you feel about salamanders? LOL.... I actually have a "Dennis the Menace" and we had to pull toads out of his pockets when he was 4.... Have fun!

6boyzmom said...

I feel that way about lizards. By the way , love your blog. Have it bookmarked now!