11.05.2009

Break a Leg - Chesley!

Anyone around here that knows us, would know that for the past three months Chesley has been preparing for the Canyon High School Musical. This year they are performing The Music Man. We have spent several days each week driving her to and from rehearsals. This week they have practiced every night from 6 pm to 10:30 pm. Do not even ask me when my 9th grader is getting her homework done! She is performing in the chorus and we are excited to hear the songs. I am sure it is going to be great. I can't believe a small town high school takes on such big productions. She will find this little basket of goodness waiting for her when she arrives at the school to get ready. It is compliments of her parents, siblings, and some sweet family members that know how hard she has worked. She almost bit off more than she could chew with the musical, softball, and her Little Theater classes.....she is one tired high schooler!
(Hopefully, I will have some pictures to add to this post after tonight)
We are truly proud of you Chesley Ü




We have heard that opening night is crazy and suggest that if you want to attend that you pick the Saturday Performance (7:30 p.m.) or the Sunday Matinee Performance (2:30).
Tickets cost $10 for adults and $5 for students. The show lasts about two hours with intermission.


More than one-hundred fifty students are involved with the musical this year, including 86 cast members and 15 tech members. There will also be approximately 50 band students performing during the musical.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Chesley!!!!!!! I am proud of your hard work!!!!!
Those cookies are the greatest backstage goodie I have *ever* seen. Break a leg, kiddo!!!!!!!

nanaconnie said...

Chesley we are so proud of you!!! Sweet baby girl I don't know how you are getting any rest, maybe things will slow down a little but knowing you they probably won't. Lots of love and take pictures. See you next week!!

jana said...

Very cute .... I'm sure it was a lot of work! Get some much needed rest! Love u

jana said...

where did those cute cookies come from?

Jill said...

Glad your musical was a success and I hope you had lots of fun!