Most of you know that my relationship with Dr. Pepper has deep roots. It has been a long and faithful one. I am sad to report that we have parted ways. I have now taken up with her evil step-sister, Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't see this pairing really lasting very long. I have used her to get past the loss of my beloved and faithful beverage. The cravings and headaches are becoming a distant memory. I can officially say that I am in recovery and have moved past my Dr. Pepper Addiction. I would not have been so inclined to give her up, but sadly her calories just didn't fit into my calorie accountable lifestyle these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Well, at least you have her step-sister to get you through. I'm a Dr. Pepper fan, too!
Yeah, I had to give her up too. Not by choice, but by location (darn Yankees). My replacement has been the lack luster Ginger-ale. So not only have I given up her sugary taste, but the caffine as well. :(
Even though I may not comment very ofter, I love reading your blogs!!! I am sorry you had to give up dps, it was hard for me also, but then every once in a while when you do drink one they are out of this world!!
I am happy to report that the evil step-sister will turn into Cinderella. I gave up Dr. Pepper 13 years ago and started drinking diet Dr. Pepper. Bought a 12 pack last night at 8 o'clock, there are 3 left. I never thought I would be able to make the change but I finally did after several failed attempts. I hope you make the change as well!
How's the sugar withdrawal? Worse than quitting smoking?
I am so proud of you! Sorry to say I am still drinking...DP that is!
I will never leave her! I've tried. I may cut her back from time to time, but I would rather do without than go to diet! Yuck! Good luck!
Post a Comment