Dearest Chey-Anne,
I almost peed my pants when I clicked on your blog and then saw my name. LOL You are too too funny. I appreciate the sentiment. I am glad that I earned life long friends by venturing down the street to befriend that pretty dark haired girl that I envied for her long legs and perfect make-up. Seriously, does she ever have the slightest bit of shine???
Then, I met her just as pretty sister, the blonde version of the most perfect skin. You know when I think about it - your flawless complexion is exactly how I pictured the Cullens when I was reading the book. The movie people got it all wrong they went too pale. They should have headed to Lubbock to study the Gage sisters.
Your unabashed love and adoration for my sugar cookie recipe is just exactly why I make them. It is the only time I feel even the slightest bit like a Paula Deen or a Pioneer Woman. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Is it shameful that I get such a kick out of the fact that you all fight over them. You fight over who got the bigger container, who took a cookie out of the other's batch, and who gets the last one. It is just great fun to make them for you. Wish I still lived there and could do it more often.
I miss our heartfelt conversations about the joys and pitfalls of motherhood, and teaching, and not teaching, and money woes and wishes. I loved that we could talk bargain shopping and our love for target. I loved it when Slade bit a chunk out of your dash and it reminded me that those things happen to other people and not just me. Misery loves company. Just know misery is better dealt with in the company of a sweet friend and a sugar cookie.
Thank you for embracing the blogging world. Sometimes I feel like we still live in the same town and have stayed connected through the stories and pictures. I am so thankful for such a small and simple blessing.
Sincerely,
Your sister's ex-neighbor a.k.a. the sugar cookie lady
Jerilynn
P.S. one toffee cookie has 70 calories....I know because I only allowed myself one!
P.S.S. There is no ortho appointment in December...but don't give up hope. Christmas is the season for giving. Ü
(this post was written in a swift 5 minutes - please ignore all grammar mistakes and spelling issues)

No comments:
Post a Comment