We took her homemade peanut butter cookies and homemade chocolate chip cookies. She ate 3 of them right in a row. She really loves her sweets. She hardly weighs anything so she can afford to indulge. Nano always had yummy homemade treats at her house. She kept bags of her delicious homemade peanut butter cookies in the freezer. They were my favorite cookies. I loved it when we got there just as she put them out and they were still a little cold. YUM!
I know her memory fades in and out - she has good days and bad days, but the same sweet lady that welcomed me into her family 18 and 3/4 years ago is still very much there. She always asks at least 5 times if Michael Chance is behaving himself. I always say yes...and then she says "well he better be because if he doesn't behave - then we'll have to take care of that." She used to always ask me that every time I saw her or talked to her on the phone.
She also tells you how cute you are. Yesterday, Chance was told how handsome he was three different times. Nano still makes you feel good about yourself - just like old times.

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this. How lucky we all are to have ggreat-randma's in our life to help us appreciate life, love & happiiness!
All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED!
wow, what a great typo I have there....no more coffee for me!
I'm sure that Nano enjoys your visits as much as you do! Y'all will treasure those memories forever!
I love older people! I love your story about her! Wow, Cutter's fish is really big!!! Are your kids home yet? THanks for thee-mail, it got me off my keester!!
Post a Comment