Sick Kids: Interesting weekend around here that started with Cutter going on a field trip to the zoo. He had not been feeling well the night before , but if you know my kids you know that this the time of year that the allergy crud gets the best of them. I wasn't worried. He felt good the next morning so we went ahead with the field trip. I could tell on the trip that he was going down hill fast. He sat on the park bench at the park and was pretty lack luster at the zoo...not helped by the fact that it was already uncomfortably warm at 10:30 in the morning. I ended up taking him to the Dr. and he had Type B flu. So, we have now had A, B, and strep...my poor little guy. Cambry was sick the next day, so I took what I assumed was the second flu case in the household to the Dr. and she was Flu free. She just had a viral infection and double ear infections. Doesn't this info just make you want to run to my house and touch all my door knobs!!!
Musical: My brother Jeremy treated our Nanny Lou to a night out at the Amarillo Little Theater to see the musical production of Cinderella. WOW! I just can't believe that we have that kind of talent in our average sized town. it was a quality production. The scenery was beautiful, the special effects were great, and the singing talent was so professional. Thank You Jeremy for such a thoughtful gift.
Temporary Transportation: My van is in the shop getting some damage fixed that was a result of an unfortunate meeting with a guard rail. I have been at the mercy of family and what ever vehicle they have had to loan out. I drove my mom's suburban for a week and it was very enjoyable. We (as in my spoiled kids) were getting a little too used to it. We have now switched to my brother's jeep. While it looks cool and sporty and does make the middle aged driver feel a few years younger....it is a little more difficult to navigate with 3 passengers, backpacks, jackets, and other needed necessities. We are so grateful to have it though and we are having a fun time driving it. So, thanks Jeremy for letting us drive your "sweet" ride!But, I am wondering what you want me to do with the permanent hitchhikers that have taken up residence in the front grill of your vehicle. I don't mind carpooling with them, but think it's only fair that they contribute a little $ towards the gas!




10 comments:
always some excitement in our lives for sure. I do like that jeep. a fun summer ride.
Hey as soon as you get some gas money out of the stowaways, let them know they owe me rent and insurance money. I hope you are enjoying Betty Sue (the Jeep), I miss her sometimes.
The jeep is kinda fun huh? I'm sure a bit crowded with all of your kids and their stuff, but fun anyway! There is something to be said for your minivan! Glad the kiddos are feeling better! Love all of you!
((((sick household)))) I pray for everyone to be on the mend and feeling better pronto. You must be so exhausted!
The picture of the nest is priceless. :)
That picture is priceless.
Wow, that's amazing those eggs were in there! What a great shot!
That is so crazy with the little baby eggs. Great picture!
I too have sick ones in the house. Lysol wipes have become my new best friends.
Love the pictures of the nest and eggs in the grill!!!
aww.. what happened to the eggs???
Wow... eggs! That is so cool :)
Post a Comment