4.12.2009

Lip Licking Good - Lemon Cake



This is a recipe that is very similar to the chocolate cake that I have become so enamoured with...until I recently over baked it....that wasn't my finest culinary moment! This cake uses simple ingredients that produce a cake that is so moist that even Chance declared it the most moist cake he has ever eaten. We had it as dessert after our Easter Steaks (we went nontraditional this year) and it was the perfect end to a spectacular meal. I found the recipe here:
***Please note that I made mine in two 9 inch cake pans and I cheated and used 1 tub of store bought lemon icing and 1/2 tub of store bought cream cheese icing mixed together. It was delicious, but I am looking forward to trying the real lemon buttercream included in the recipe.
Cake:
1 package lemon cake mix
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 small package lemon instant pudding
Directions: Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Use a strong mixer, this batter is thick. For 9 inch cakes bake for 25 minutes or until done. ***For cupcakes, bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. ***For regular cake, pour into a greased 9x11 pan or two round pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Don't over bake or the cake will be too dry! The toothpick test works to check to see if they're done.
The Hedger Family wishes everyone a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Hope you had a great Easter too! Thanks for the new yummy recipe! Loved all the pics of the kids and Cutter's game. He is such a handsome little man!

Chey-Anne Smart said...

That is so funny that you made that-I've had my eye on those cupcakes since I came across that blog via yours. I made your chocolate bundt cake that is on your recipe blog yesterday-very scrumptous!! We warmed it today and put Cool Whip over it. Very good! Happy Easter to you all! BTW-just finished New Moon in four nights. Patiently waiting on Eclipse from my handy dandy ebay purchase!! Oh, my Edward-love him!

jana said...

ummmm Hope you made an extra one for us....lol