3.20.2009

Just because it's pretty...

doesn't mean it's better! This is a great motto to live by and we found out the hard way (through our wallet) that it applies to cupcakes! We hunted down the very much talked about cupcake store that recently opened in Lubbock. We walked away having spent a TON of money...only to find out that they look better than they taste. A couple of flavors were fair, one was pretty good (if you like Carrot cake - it was by far the most moist), one was strange (pink lemonade) and one was dry and nasty! I am thinking that it will be pretty hit or miss at this store. The rumor is that they sell out of their 700 cupcakes every day - at 2.50 each that is a CHUNK of CHANGE! My suggestion is make funfetti cupcakes (just as delish) and save your self about 55.00 based on 24 cupcakes.

5 comments:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

I have come to the same conclusion. The red velvet was ok, but not the best I'd had. The chocolate was awful. I actually kept thinking something was wrong with it as I took each bite? The white was not as good as a mix. Plus there is wayyyyy too much icing. 700 people a day must really like icing-they ain't buying them for the cake! They look cute....and that's it. Call me a party pooper, but I make much better.

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Hey-maybe you need to open a cupcake/cookie store in Amarillo. Everything I've ever had of yours is sooo yummy. You could call it......well, I'm still thinking of what you could call it.

Faith said...

What a bummer! I agree, I think you should open your own shop! I'm making the batter for the cinnamon rolls right now. I can't wait to taste them! Thanks for posting about the recipe. Your Spring Break looked like lots of fun! And I love the pictures of your BB gun bandits!

Cary Hairbows said...

Jer,

NO ONE can come close to your iced confections. :( That stinks!!!!

Shannon

Kristen Andrews said...

oh bummer, that is expensive you probably wouldn't have minded as much if they were delicious! All about marketing isn't it.