3.06.2011

Banana Bread Cobbler and a Medal Winner

I have to pass along this super yummy recipe that was shared at work by a co-worker. It is a unique twist on the average cobbler/crisp. Chance declared it his new favorite dessert and I must say it’s comfort food at its finest. It was originally featured in Southern Living…so I know my mom will love it!

SDC11617

Roberta’s Banana Bread Cobbler

Ingredients

  • 1  cup  self-rising flour
  • 1  cup  sugar
  • 1  cup  milk
  • 1/2  cup  butter, melted
  • 4  medium-size ripe bananas, sliced
  • Streusel Topping (see recipe below)
  • Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients just until blended; whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with banana slices, and sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
2. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.

Streusel Topping

Ingredients

  • 3/4  cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup  self-rising flour
  • 1/2  cup  butter, softened
  • 1  cup  uncooked regular oats
  • 1/2  cup  chopped pecans
1. Stir together brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly, using a fork. Stir in oats and pecans.

A few notes: It is delicious, but might be considered too rich for some – if you wish…I think you could use less of the streusel. We ate it warm with Blue Bell Homemade vanilla and really…it is super yummy. My bananas were ripe (yellow with brown spots….but not completely brown) I don’t think you can use green bananas in this recipe – so make sure you buy your bananas ahead of time. Oh, and the batter for the cake part that goes on the bottom….yep – super yummy! I could have eaten the whole bowl.

Now, about that medal – we finished off another season of sports at the Hedger house. Cutter played basketball for the first time and had a great time. His little team ended up winning the championship tournament! It was so fun to watch them get better and better as the season progressed! We are now gearing up for little league baseball, softball, and “Bye Bye Birdie” at the Little Theater….Mom’s taxi is in FULL SWING!
cutter basketball

No comments: