INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan or 2 nine inch round pans.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour if using a bundt pan and for 28 minutes to 40 minutes if using cake pans. I just watch my cakes closely....as I HATE over cooked anything. Ü - Allow to cool.
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan or 2 nine inch round pans.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour if using a bundt pan and for 28 minutes to 40 minutes if using cake pans. I just watch my cakes closely....as I HATE over cooked anything. Ü - Allow to cool.
We used the Duncan Hines MILK CHOCOLATE icing in the tub and it took 1 and 1/2 tubs. You could use both of the tubs...just put more icing between the layers.
This cake was soooooo good - it really took care of the valentine chocolate craving. Plus, doesn't a real two layer cake just make you feel special. Chesley did an awesome job making this cake and I think I could just leave and come home to a perfectly baked and iced cake. What happened to my baby that just liked to bake so that she could lick the beaters!

10 comments:
Looks sooooo good. Did you save me a big piece?
Cambry, you did an awesome job. All you need is a BIG Glass of MILK with this one! I had a cake nightmare but Jeff was a trooper and ate a piece anyway! I'll post about it later....too funny! Love you guys and can't wait to catch up soon! I'm sure the next time I see you it'll be holding a new little boy wonder!
Chesley made the cake - oops! I just read the "bling queens" blog so I had Cambry on the brain.... I'm gonna go to bed now! HA!
I hope you had some left over...I will be headed to your house tomorrow! It looks absolutely scrumptious!
I could have used that heavenly cake last night for my daughter's birthday. I was lazy and used Uncle Duncan Hine's recipe. Homemade is so much better. ;)
Shannon
There is absolutely no way you have me beat in the throw up department. Have you ever had Cutter projectile in your face and it dripped from your eyelashes?
I have also had our carpet professionally cleaned aproximately four times bc the milk vomit smelled up the carpets so bad, we couldn't get the milk out on our own.
Excellent cake Chesley...had me some this morning! Not exactly a healthy breakfast huh? Oh well...it was yummy-licious! Thanks for the treat!
that's what I do... i love lickin' the beaters!
That looks soooo good! Great job Chesley! The only way Emily will ever learn how to bake is if she comes and moves in for a while! Just let me know when!
Amy
Post a Comment